Generals Logo Courtesy of Greensboro Professional Sports, LLC.
GENERALS FAN SITE
2001 - 2002
A Fansite of the Greensboro Generals
Official Site
New AND Improved

Home
Back to the Front

Photos
The Reason You're Here!

Media
Folks Who Cover The General
AND
How To Contact Them!

Listen Live
Listen to The Generals Game Broadcasts and Coach's Show

Schedule
Games and Public Events

Links
Some Interesting Sites

Recent Stuff
Game Reports, IR's

Fan Participation
E-Mail Lists, Web Board, Usenet

Generals sign veteran goalie BY CRAIG T. GREENLEE
Staff Writer
Greensboro News & Record
July 12, 2002

A day after naming their new coach, the Greensboro Generals acquired a seasoned goaltender as their first signee for the 2002-03 East Coast Hockey League season.

Daniel Berthiaume, who played seven of the last eight seasons with the ECHL's Roanoke Express, signed on Thursday. Contract terms were not disclosed.

The 16-year veteran played eight seasons in the NHL with the Winnepeg Jets, Minnesota North Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators. Berthiaume (pronounced BERTH-ee-ohm) recently became a free agent when the Express released him.

"I'm definitely excited to be here," said Berthiaume, who recorded 22 wins with Winnipeg in 87-88, and 20 wins with Los Angeles in 90-91. "I'm looking forward to playing for (coach) Rick Adduono.

"This is a big challenge. But I believe we can climb the mountain and have a winning team here."

Berthiaume, 36, ranks among the the top five goalies in ECHL history in games played (258), wins (142), goals against average (2.66) and save percentage (.913).

"This shows our fans that we're serious about what we're doing," said team president Rocco Scarfone. "We're- starting off. (signings) right where we need to start - with the goalie. This coming season, we're going to put a vastly different product on the ice."

This site is owned and maintained by Don Moore , who is not affiliated with the Greensboro Generals, Greensboro Professional Sports, LLC, or the Greensboro Prowlers - probably with the exception that I can be a pain from time to time.